Pacemaker Implantation in India
Heart Surgery in India with the Best Heart surgeons in India is what medical tourists coming to India look for and is delivered at best cardiac hospitals in India . No other destination in the world can match the unparalleled clinical excellence, technology infrastructure and cost advantage offered by MedWorld India affiliated heart hospitals in India to deliver 99 percent and above successful outcomes for heart surgery.
Our aim is to reduce the deadly consequences of cardiovascular diseases through innovative therapies for patient care. Our healthcare professionals at state of the art, heart specialty hospitals have a dedicated team of Cardiac surgeons and cardiologists who work in tandem to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart ailments.
MedWorld India Affiliated Best Heart Hospitals in India offer: - The ultimate destination for international patients who want World's Best, Affordable Heart Surgery
- Latest and best available techniques globally like Robotic Heart Surgery, Minimally Invasive Valve & coronary Heart Bypass Surgery, Primary and complex Coronary Angioplasties and Stenting. Percutaneous Valvular interventions including aortic valve replacement need a special mention.
- Many of the world's finest heart hospitals are located in India with 98-99 % success rate for most procedures.
- Cost of Surgery just 1/6th of cost in USA, UK or Europe with finest quality implants, prosthesis and consumables imported from Leading International Companies.
- The highly trained team of Electrophysiologists have tremendous experience in doing all kind of radiofrequency ablations, device implantations, electrophysiology studies, and pacemaker and resynchronization therapy.
- Computer Navigation Surgery System for excellent outcomes and use of finest quality implants, prosthesis and consumables imported from Leading International Companies.
- Specialized Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation services for quick rehabilitation after cardiac surgery in India.
- India’s leading hospital for children’s heart surgeries performs almost 3 times as many surgeries as Children’s Hospital, Boston, the leading children’s hospital in the USA
Pacemaker Implantation at World's Best Hospital in India
Heart rhythm disorder is a serious medical condition and could lead to problems ranging from simple palpitations to sudden death. But the modern Electrophysiology has provided great solution to the patients suffering from heart rhythm problems. The newer techniques and developments in Electrophysiology have enhanced the quality of life in these patients to a great extent. Heart hospitals in India have now the best electrophysiology teams to offer the best treatment for patients with heart rhythm disorders.
What is a Pacemaker?
A pacemaker is an electrical device that is used to regulate and normalise the rhythm at which the heart works. The rate at which the heart works and the rhythm at which it works are triggered by electrical impulses generated from within the heart. Abnormalities in these electrical impulses result in arrhythmia, where the heart rhythms are too slow, too fast or irregular.
A pacemaker has two components to it: the electric leads which are connected to the heart and a pulse generator/computer which detects abnormality in the heart's rhythm and delivers an electrical impulse to the heart to normalise the rhythm.
Different types of Pacemakers:
Permanent (internal) Heart Pacemaker - This kind of Heart Pacemaker is implanted in a small pocket under your skin and is meant to be left in there for the rest of your life.
Temporary (external) Heart Pacemaker - This is used for initial stabilization of the patient during a cardiac crisis.
Demand Heart Pacemaker - This kind of Heart PacThis kind of Heart Pacemaker has an inbuilt sensing device which senses when the heart beat is too slow and turns the signal on. Once the heart beat is above a certain level, it automatically turns the signal off..
Single Chamber Heart Pacemaker - This kind of device has one lead to carry signals to and from one chamber of your heart, either the right atrium or, more commonly, the right ventricle.
Dual Chamber Heart Pacemaker - This kind of Heart Pacemaker has 2 leads and can monitor and deliver impulses to either or both of the heart chambers.
Adaptive - Rate Heart Pacemaker or Rate-responsive Heart Pacemaker - This kind of Heart Pacemaker automatically increases the pacing rate to meet the body's changing need.
Medical conditions when a Pacemaker is Needed
- BradycardiaAtrial fibrillation
- Heart Block
- Heart muscles problems
- Aging or heart disease damages
The pacemaker is implanted, normally in the upper chest, as part of a surgical procedure performed under local anaesthesia. The electrophysiologist / cardiologist assisted by fluoroscopy imaging, implants the leads at the designated locations within the heart, by threading them through veins leading to the heart. The other end of the leads is connected to the pulse generator unit which is implanted in the chest region. This procedure will take upwards of one hour and can sometimes take several hours.
Once the leads are attached to the heart as well as the pacemaker, the cardiologist would test the device to make sure that electrical impulses are flowing from the pacemaker to the heart and that the heart rate and rhythm are being read accurately by the pacemaker.
Medical conditions when a Pacemaker is Needed
- An effective approach to control the bradycardia (slow heart beat)
- It will give relief from irregular heart beat.
- Keep the heart beating at a rate that allows you to continue living a normal life and meet your body's demand for oxygen whatever your activity level may be
- Allows you to enjoy a better normal quality life