Most Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Care and Treatment in India - Best Cancer Hospitals of India for Advanced Head and Neck Treatment
Medworld India offers comprehensive care for patients with Head and Neck Cancer, including advanced diagnosis, best treatment options . A team of Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and other medical specialties work together to treat each Head and Neck Cancer patient We consider each patient's type and extent of Head and Neck Cancer to recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. They also carefully consider and select the treatment option that will allow the patient to maintain quality of life with good survival rate.
Indian hospitals offer the best cancer treatment at affordable prices. MedWorld India associated hospitals have the latest technology and infrastructure to offer the most advanced cancer treatment at low cost.
MedWorld India Affiliated Cancer Hospitals deliver highest quality and advanced oncology care in a supportive and compassionate environment to all our patients.
MedWorld India Affiliated Best Cancer Hospitals in India offer:
- Multi-disciplinary approach - A team of Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and other medical specialties work together to treat each Prostate Cancer patient.
- World's most skilled and knowledgeable Cancer doctors are now in India with vast experience of working in highly advanced cancer hospitals in USA, Europe and other advanced countries around the globe.
- Latest high-end medical technology - such as Brain Suite, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help in quick diagnosis and fast recovery.
- Low cost of cancer treatment - Best quality Drugs, Medicines and Consumables for Cancer Care are produced in India at one-tenth the cost in developed nations and hence are the cheapest.
- Indian hospitals have well trained English speaking Nurses, Physiotherapists and other supportive staff to provide compassionate care.
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment at World's Best Cancer Hospitals in India
Most head and neck cancers begin in the cells that line the mucosal surfaces in the head and neck area, e.g., mouth, nose, and throat. Mucosal surfaces are moist tissues lining hollow organs and cavities of the body open to the environment. Normal mucosal cells look like scales (squamous) under the microscope, so head and neck cancers are often referred to assquamous cell carcinomas. Some head and neck cancers begin in other types of cells. For example, cancers that begin in glandular cells are called adenocarcinomas.
Types of Head and Neck Cancer
- Nasaopharyngeal Cancer :The nasopharynx is the airway passageway at the upper part of the nose at the back of the nose.
- Salivary Gland Cancer : Saliva produced by the salivary gland is the fluid that is released within the mouth in order to keep the mouth moist. Mouth helps in breaking down the food as it contains certain enzymes
- Hypopharyngeal and Laryngeal Cancer : A tube shaped organ located in the neck used for swallowing, breathing and talking is the larynx. The hypopharnx, also referred to as gullet, is the lower part of the throat surrounding the larynx.
- Oropharyngeal and Oral Cancer : Both tongue and the mouth is included in the oral cavity. The middle part of the throat is included in oropharynx.
- Paranasal Sinus and Nasal Cavity Cancer : The air-filled areas surrounding the nasal cavity is known as the paranasal sinuses. The space at the back of the nose from where air passes on the way to the throat is known as the nasal cavity.
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Options at Best Cancer Hospitals in India
Chemotherapy, surgery and radiation therapy are the three main types of treatment for administering head and neck cancer. Surgery or radiation therapy is considered as the primary treatments while chemotherapy is usually used as an adjuvant or additional treatment. Primary cancer can be easily treated with the help of radiation therapy. Radiation therapy can also effectively treat the neck. A neck dissection is also sometimes necessary for removing involved lymph nodes in the neck when the amount of disease in the neck nodes is very wide.
Surgery is considered as a very important treatment that can be done either before or after the radiation therapy. Radiation therapy is given afterward when it is necessary to remove the primary tumor surgically. The tumor is first tried to shrink by using radiotherapy and surgery is followed by radiotherapy.
Following radiation therapy procedures are used for treating head and neck cancer :
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): The specific areas inside the tumor or malignant tumors are targeted by this high-precision radiotherapy that makes use of computer-controlled x-ray accelerators that delivers precise radiation doses. The high intensity radiation beam is focused on the tumor so as to damage it without disturbing any surrounding healthy cells.
- External Beam Therapy (EBT) : Through this therapy, a high-energy beam x-rays are delivered at the location of the tumor. The tumor site is the target of this beam and it can destroy cancer cells while sparing nearby healthy tissues. There is no placement of radioactive sources in the body of a patient.
Note: Treatment Options/Results may vary from patient to patient depending on their medical condition.